Mohammad Salim Dola, a close associate of Dawood Ibrahim and a major drug trafficker, has been brought to Mumbai by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) after being arrested in Turkiye and granted transit remand by a Delhi court.
Bollywood actor-director Siddhanth Kapoor was questioned by Mumbai police in connection with a drug seizure case. The Anti-Narcotics Cell (ANC) also summoned influencer Orhan Awatramani. The investigation is linked to a Rs 252 crore mephedrone seizure case.
Mumbai police have arrested Mohammed Salim Mohammed Suhail Shaikh, a key accused in a Rs 252-crore mephedrone seizure case, after his deportation from Dubai. Shaikh, known as 'Lavish,' is a member of an international drug syndicate and managed the supply and distribution chain from Dubai.
At a press conference organised in Mumbai by the Jamiat Ulama Maharashtra (Arshad Madani), which provided them free legal aid, the acquitted also demanded action against officers for prosecuting them. Five of the six accused -- Adam Ajmeri, Mufti Abdul Qyyum Mansuri, Mohammed Salim Shaikh, Abdulmiyan Qadri and Altaf Hussain -- were present at the press conference.
A local court on Monday granted bail to Iqbal Kaskar, the brother of fugitive gangster Dawood Ibrahim, in an extortion case in which he had been arrested a week ago.
All of them are wanted in connection with various cases registered in the city for crimes ranging from extortion to murder.
'I came here to witness the historic message this oath-taking ceremony has sent to the nation and Maharashtra.'
The Supreme Court on Friday acquitted all six convicts, including three condemned prisoners, in the 2002 Akshardham temple attack case and pulled up the Gujarat police for shoddy investigation in the case in which all the accused faced prosecution under the stringent anti-terror law, Prevention Of Terrorism Act
Days after sentencing four men to life term for brutalising a telephone operator in Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai, a local court on Monday framed fresh charges against the three common convicts in the 2013 photojournalist gang rape case.
Those held guilty were -- Bashir Ahmed Usman Ghani Khairullah, Zakir Hussain Noor Mohammed Shaikh, Abdul Khan, Feroze Amani Malik, Moin Querishi and Salim Rahim Shaikh.
Uttam Potdar and Salim Mira Shaikh were held guilty of facilitating landing of arms and RDX at Dighi coast in Raigad in February 1993.
Four of the five accused in the August 22 gang-rape case were identified by the photojournalist and her male colleague during an identification parade held in a south Mumbai jail on Friday, police said.
All five accused in the brutal gang rape of a young photojournalist in the city have been arrested, three days after the incident triggered outrage across the country.
The HC would also give a ruling on the 'drunken' state of Salman Khan on the ill-fated day.
The five accused arrested in connection with the gang rape of 23-year-old photojournalist were on Wednesday taken to Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai to reconstruct the sequence of events that led to the crime.
Mumbai Police, which is probing the gang rape of a 23-year-old photojournalist, on said it has recovered two more mobile phones carried by the accused during the ghastly crime.
The Mumbai police on Thursday filed a chargesheet against four accused in last month's gang rape of a 23-year-old photojournalist.
Mumbai police, who are probing the gang rape of a 23-year-old photojournalist, have claimed that the culprits had forced the victim to clean up the crime scene at the desolate Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai.
The 17-year-old minor boy who is an accused in the July 31 gang rape case was identified by the victim and her boyfriend, during an identification parade held at the juvenile remand home in South Mumbai, police said.
According to a police official, the woman claimed to be have been criminally assaulted in July this year by some of the men arrested in the photojournalist case.
All the five accused in the gang rape of a photojournalist in a secluded area of a defunct mill have been arrested by police with the remaining two suspects on the run being held today three days after the crime which will be tried in a fast track court.